What are your pet guidelines?
BEFORE PURCHASING/ADOPTING YOUR PET, PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR LEASING OFFICE FIRST TO MAKE SURE THAT YOUR PROSPECTIVE PET WILL MEET ALL OF OUR CRITERIA!
If you are caught with an unregistered pet, there is a $1000.00 non-negotiable fee and the pet must be removed from the premises immediately! If you choose to register your pet after being caught with it illegally there will be an additional charge of $500 to keep your pet only if it meets the criteria below. Tenants with a registered pet are responsible for picking up after them. A $100 fee may be charged if United has to clean up after your pet outside.
***We strongly suggest any apartment with a pet to have Renter’s Insurance***
- All pets must be pre-approved & registered, No visiting pets are allowed.
- Fish (No Charge) –kept in tanks or aquariums up to 20 gallons exception; poisonous or carnivorous fish are not allowed.
- Birds (No Charge) – any normally caged bird kept as a pet such as a Canary, Parakeet or Finch and must stay in cage and not allowed to fly throughout apartment.
- Cats – must be common, domestic house cats that have been declawed and spayed/neutered.
- Dogs – must not exceed eighty (80) pounds when fully grown. Must also be leashed trained, housebroken, and spayed/neutered. The following breeds are NOT allowed: Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, Doberman Pinschers, Chow Chows, Boxers, Husky, Siberian Husky, Alaskan Malamute, Akita, Dalmatians, German Shepherds or similar breeds and mixes as solely determined by landlord.
- Guinea Pigs, Hamsters, Rabbits, and Gerbils – in cages only.
- $500.00 pet FEE (non-refundable) PER PET.
- $325.00 pet FEE (non-refundable) PER PET for caged animals under (4) pounds.
- The landlord DOES have the right to refuse any pets.
Prohibited pets at ALL Locations
- Exotic pets such as snakes, monkeys, or game animals are strictly prohibited.
- Animals whose primary habitat is the wild (skunk, etc.) are strictly prohibited.
- Insects of any kind (spiders)
- Reptiles (except turtles and caged reptiles under (4) pounds
All terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.