Do you allow pets?
(All terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.)
ABSOLUTELY NO PETS, NO VISITING, NO PET SITTING! The only pets allowed on the premises at no charge are fish and small birds such as a canary or parakeet, anything larger is NOT ALLOWED. Fish tanks can only hold a maximum of 20 gallons.
All other pets are forbidden on the property inside or outside. There will be a charge of $1,000 per pet, per incident, as stated in your lease agreement for any violation of this policy. You may be faced with eviction, except for those registered legally with the office. Please see the list below where it shows the properties where we do allow pets as long as they are registered legally with the office.Pets must be approved by your leasing office and registered BEFORE the pet is brought onto the premises. The pet agreement must be signed by all tenants signed on the lease. Tenants with a registered pet are responsible for picking up after them. A $100 fee may be charged if United has to do the clean up.
Colony West, Deerfield Village, Jamestown (Buildings AA-XX ONLY), Union Square, WestPoint Village & Yorkshire Commons
*** We strongly suggest any apartment with a pet have RENTERS INSURANCE***
- All pets must be registered, No visiting pets are allowed.
- Fish (No Charge) – kept in tanks or aquariums up to 20 gallons exception; poisonous or carnivorous fish are not allowed.
- Birds (No Charge) – any normally caged bird kept as a pet such as a Canary, Parakeet or Finch and must stay in cage and are not allowed to fly throughout apartment.
- Cats – must be common, domestic house cats that have been declawed and spayed/neutered.
- Dogs less than 50lbs (at their adult weight) are welcome. There are many pets well suited to apartment life, no matter what your tastes. We do take weight and especially BREEDS very seriously. We do restrict aggressive & protective breeds. Some breeds carry many legal liabilities. The landlord DOES have the right to refuse certain breeds. The following breeds are NOT allowed: Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, Doberman Pinschers, Labs, Chow Chows, Boxers, Husky, Siberian Husky, Alaskan Malamute, Akita, Dalmatians,German Shepherds or similar breeds and mixes as solely determined by landlord.
- Rabbits, chinchillas, gerbils and guinea pigs are also welcome; however, they must always be in their cage!
- $650.00 pet FEE (non-refundable) – PER PET
- $325.00 pet FEE (non-refundable) PER PET for caged animals under (4) pounds.
- Pets must be spayed or neutered. Cats must be de-clawed.
- Limit of 2 pets per apartment
Prohibited Pets at all locations:
- Exotic pets such as snakes, monkeys, or game animals are strictly prohibited.
- Animals whose primary habitat is the wild (skunk, etc.) are strictly prohibited.
- Insects of any kind (spiders)
- Reptiles (except turtles and caged reptiles under (4) pounds)
All terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.